The Treasury is in charge of the preparation and execution of the state budget, budget accounting and reporting, public payments, management of the Republic of Serbia public debt, as well as other issues related to government finances.
Through its responsible operation, top professional capacity and innovative solutions, the Treasury ensures stable and transparent budget policy, maintains the cutting-edge system of public finances, and promotes efficiency in the utilization of tax payers’ money.
The Treasury is responsible for:
- Cash management of the Republic;
- Control of expenditures, confirmed receipt of goods and services and approving payments from budgetary resources;
- Budget Accounting and Reporting;
- Establishing a financial information system, which includes direct and indirect budget beneficiaries, as well as the system of public revenues and public expenditures (permanent information system) and management of the system;
- Activities related to public payments, including record keeping and conduct transactions within the consolidated treasury account;
- Centralized processing of personal income of employees of budget beneficiaries;
- Recording and monitoring of state aid;
- Management of assets of the National Fund provided by the European Union;
- Keeping a register of agricultural holdings;
- Carry out the distribution of the funds generated in privatization process.